Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 13: Transition Day

We rose early today, filled our backpacks, broke camp, and headed back to town. We are getting ready for our week long trip to Shuyak today. The crew leaders are grocery shopping, Shane and I are doing laundry, and the kids are writing postcards and texting friends back home. We’ll head out early tomorrow morning and will be out of touch until our return on Thursday. Hopefully we’ll be able to upload pictures of bears and King Salmon upon our return!! We’ll also upload pictures from our time at Anton Larson Bay from this past week.

Hope all is well down there in the Lower 48! Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's been an excellent trip! I hope the weather cooperated when you were in Shuyak. How much debris did you collect? Anyone find any glass floats? Did you visit any of the same beaches from last year? How about the ranger station? How was the kayaking? Have any fresh halibut? Any bear sightings? How about Trail Wizard sightings? So many questions!

    Katie and I have enjoyed following the blog, and we've done lots of reminiscing about last year. We're completely jealous that you toured the Coast Guard base -- those photos of the C-130 are incredible! When do you return? I assume it's this weekend, so travel safely!

    Mr. Hoek

    ReplyDelete